An exemplary installation: The Royal Australian Air Force Chapel: Holy Trinity, Point Cook, Australia.
A beautiful Johannus Sweelinck 37 was installed at the Royal Australian Air Force Chapel in Point Cook, Australia. The impressive Sweelinck 37 has 3 manuals, 64 stops, 12 intonations and a 6.1 audio system.
Point Cook was purchased by the government in 1912 with the vision to form what would become the Australian Flying Corps. Due to the success of the AFC in the First World War, the AFC became a separate service, the Royal Australian Air Force.
Point Cook remained the RAAF's only base until 1925 when RAAF Base Richmond and RAAF Base Laverton were also built. Point Cook is considered the birthplace and the spiritual home of the RAAF. It is also the airport at which the Royal Victorian Aero Club was established.
It contains a memorial parade ground which was built in the 1920s, a site which was previously used by the AFC for drill training. Point Cook still has an operating airfield, but military operations are generally restricted to the museum based there.
The airfield is used by a number of general aviation users, although it is still classified as a military aerodrome. It is the oldest continuously operating military aerodrome in the world. RAAF Williams Point Cook base is the former home of the RAAF College including Officer Training School (OTS) and the RAAF Academy from 1961 to 1985, and is currently used for the Air Force element of the Australian Defence Force Gap Year Program.
The RAAF Museum is also located there. All administrative functions are located at the Laverton base, and there is a single mess service (Officers Mess Annexe) which provides a meal service to all personnel, and a bar service to Gap Year students only.